Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Basic Fried Rice by Jeannette

I have a hard time using measurements but I will try to do it. Nothing is exact though.

4 cups cold cooked rice
1 pound of bacon cut into 1" pieces
Green onion (or reg onion)
4 to 6 eggs
1 cup frozen peas (thawed and heated slightly)
1 can sliced water chestnuts
Soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste

Cook the bacon in a large frying pan. Just as it starts to get done add the chopped onion. Beat the eggs and pour onto bacon (don't pour off the bacon grease). Let the eggs start to cook and then stir all of this up until the eggs are finished.

Add the peas, water chestnuts and spices. Heat clear through, stirring constantly, and serve!

You can add other frozen vegetables, ham, sprouts, chinese vegetables, mushrooms, etc for variety. I like the flavor that bacon gives the rice.

Remember the quantities are only approximates. Experiment with it! Make your rice the night or morning before and put in the fridge and it only takes a few minutes to throw this together! Using warm rice makes it sticky and mushy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks ma! I could cook if I wanted to! But I do like this idea! I probably won't be posting any recipes though! All of mine are from you!